Friday, November 27, 2009

#18--THE FRENCH

So, I didn't finish in time for the drawing.

I don't know if you guys have heard, but--breaking news--scientists are scandalous too!
(You know, Newton versus Gottfried Leibniz style.)

Read the scandal--thanks to TinyURL:
http://tinyurl.com/yjow23b

In other hilarious science-related news:

"On Nov. 3 electricity from a substation was knocked out briefly to part of the superconductor refrigeration. Although no damage resulted, the scientists would have lost one day for sending beams of protons around the collider had it been running. CERN said feathers and baguette crumbs found at the scene indicated a piece of bread dropped by a bird caused a short-circuit in the substation. 'The bird escaped unharmed but lost its bread," CERN told its employees. "The incident was similar in effect to a standard power cut, for which the machine protection systems are very well prepared.'"

"No! Not in the supercollider! The French are always trying to sabotage us, just because we're smarter and more attractive!"

On a similar topic...
What did the French existentialist seagull say?
"Pourquoi?! Pourquoi?!?"
(Imagine me flapping my arms and making funny bird noises)

I am waiting for Zamzar to send my converted file to me:
Stayed tuned for The Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody.

4 comments:

  1. So, I was reading and reading and reading, and I got confused and I was like, "Huh?" and then I was like, "What?" For crying out Lyndsay that scientific report was nearly as long as one of MY blogs!

    Can't wait for the Muppets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out some of the scandalous things Einstein is supposed to have said!! Fun Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But everyone seems to forget that France is just an inconsequential, little country!"
    -Vince Matthews

    ReplyDelete