Thursday, November 19, 2009

#15--Clipping right along...

...ha...ha.
Do you know what's cool about Clipmarks, I just found out? It shares your clips with everyone and ranks them by most popular clip. Very interesting, because not only can I save favorite pages, but I can also browse through other weirdo's favorite pages. So, be careful what you clip if you don't want strangers to judge you, I suppose.
Debbyski is a big fan of "Is Doomsday Coming?"
Euphoriajoca is into "10 Weirdest Animal Friendships"

But seriously, Clipmarks reminds me--in a backwards way--of StumbleUpon, of which I'm a big fan. There is a community aspect similar to Clipmarks, but it takes you to sites you might like based on the interests criteria you specify. You can thumbs up/down, share, and save sites. I've spent hours lost in the depths of the Internet thanks to this tool.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/aboutus/
Read the section called "Combats Information Overload." The coolest thing about this program is the smart technologies behind it. How can something described as an "intelligent browsing tool" with a "recommendation engine and database" not be sexy?
Blog about your experience. ......ha....ha (And we come full circle)

No comments:

Post a Comment